I am pretty well known for losing things, so I am always doing things so that I won’t lose them. I was always losing my phone until I got my apple watch, so I love that I can press a button and it dings. I need something like that for so many more things! That’s why hubby went and got us a Tile Mate! After a year though, we needed a new one, as they last about a year before they need replacing. So I was thrilled to get one for the blog to review.
There is a story behind why we got one originally….and I shall tell it to you. NOTE This is not my fault!
So our one cat likes to go into the garage workshop with hubby and work with him. He likes to walk around in there and investigate. It’s the cleanest garage anyone has ever seen, and it’s heated with a little plug in heater. So it’s completely safe for him and he loves it.
One day we were heading to bed, and hubby ran out to the garage for a second, when he came back in he flicked off the light, opened the door, came out and closed the door. In that moment our mostly black cat decided to go out there. Well we went straight to bed. It was the next morning when he didn’t come in to wake up hubby that we started to notice something was amiss.
Hubby was late for work while we searched for him. We searched for an hour and a half. We didn’t realize he was in the garage, and we checked in there 4 times and there was no sign of him. We were even starting to look inside couches, like is there a way he got inside it. Then finally we were searching the garage again, and hubby happened to look behind the old computer he has in there, that stores some old data. It is on, and makes a noise and blows out warm air. The garage was only down to 16 degrees Celsius, but he was scared and cold. He wouldn’t make a sound and I had to drag him out. After that we went on the search for a tracking device.
Here is how we hooked it up, but this is a different cat this time because I went to put it on the other cat and he is fast and ran away. So I got the slow one who never runs away.
Tile Mate is a small Bluetooth tracker, that uses an easy-to-use app. It connects you to the worlds largest lost and found network and tracker and makes finding things super easy.
How it works:
- Attach It: Stick, hook or attach Tiles to whatever item or device you want tracked. ( phone, keys, purse, camera, etc)
- Ring it: Ring lost items from your phone. If your Tile is within the 100-foot Bluetooth range, it will play a loud tune until you find it.
- See it: Always keep the app running in the background, and Tile will automatically remember the last time and place you last had your item so you know where to start looking
- Hear it: If your item isn’t where you last had it, select “Notify When Found” in the app and when any device in the Tile community simply passes by your missing item, you’ll automatically be notified of its most recent location. This feature works 100% anonymously and automatically to protect your privacy.
- Find your phone: lost your phone and remembered it was on silent? Double press any one of your Tiles to make your lost phone ring—even on silent.
We like the ring it feature for the cat. But the idea that if he got out, we could find him potentially from the app was peace of mind too.
The Tile Mate runs for a year before it lets you know a replacement is needed. Then you simply contact them and use their retile program to exchange it and upgrade to a new Tile for a fraction of the cost of your first one.
Compact and easy to attach to anything, Tile Mate goes wherever you go. Small, durable and lightweight, it’s perfect for attaching to keys, luggage, backpacks and more. This would be perfect for a trip, a college or university student or anyone really.